[Sca-cooks] Salt corrosion of pots?

Sayyeda al-Kaslaania samia at idlelion.net
Sun Jan 13 14:21:54 PST 2013

It's just like salts pushing through basement walls. They're physically
pushing the grains of the pot apart as they move through. The  OP said
the pot was crusty on the outside. A glazed pot wouldn't let the salts
through. It's like freezing water in a flower pot. The ice pushes the
clay apart.

Sayyeda al-Kaslaania