[Sca-cooks] Russian sources

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 09:00:31 PST 2013

Another possibility for Russian sources, if you can find it, is a book called "Rude and Barbarous Kingdom". It is a collection of reports written by 16th c Englishmen who travelled through Russian scouting out markets, politics, etc. ... basically spying, but in a broad sense. It won't give you specific recipes, but it will tell you some information about food production of the time and place.

Juana Isabella