[Sca-cooks] Swan recipes

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 20:47:49 PST 2013

We edge into some nuances here. Taillevent's recipes - including the
corrupt versions which came out in the fifteenth century - are generally
considered medieval, though I agree their whole ethos is dangerously close to
being Renaissance (which is one reason I've been looking at all the food BEFORE
Taillevent, in search of something that truly was fully medieval food). But
also  the Plantagenets were a French dynasty and I don't know that the
differences  between the two cultures were as established as they would become.
(I don't know  if the London statutes were still written in Anglo-Normand,
but they certainly  were for a long time.)

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 1/22/2013 8:14:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,