[Sca-cooks] Kissel

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Jan 25 16:23:10 PST 2013

Buckwheat was introduced into Russia from Asia, possibly (and speculatively)
during the Mongol incursions of the 13th Century.  It began moving west from
Russia into the rest of Europe around the 15th Century.  The were definitely
used in period.

My question is whether there is any evidence they were used specifically as
a thickener, which is part of the initial discussion.

After you try out the recipes, post them and let us know the results.

Bear