[Sca-cooks] Queens Tea

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jan 28 09:10:42 PST 2013

At the risk of sounding negative ... .

Tea as a drink comes into use in western Europe in the 17th century. Tea
as the name of a social occasion probably originates in the 19th
century. I am not in favor of encouraging the tendency of people in the
SCA to smear all of history into a vague blur in which Jane Austen and
Queen Boadiccea are contemporaries, so don't do queen's teas.

I don't suppose you could persuade the relevant authorities to find a
period label for what they want to do?

On 1/28/13 1:50 AM, sassyredhead wrote:
> I will be hosting my first Queens Tea in April. I am looking for some ideas...what have you done for a Tea...what worked what didn't...period foods...elegant foods...mixture of foods?  All ideas welcome!
> Baroness Sarah Beth
> Atlantia

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com