[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Anyone?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jul 14 11:42:10 PDT 2013

Monday, I think, Christy. Hang on- the people doing Pennsic U weren't being
helpful.

Cooking Over a Campfire 101 THL Elaine Ladd Covers the very basics of
making a fire for cooking, some types of cookware, as well as some foods to
stay away from, and very basic sanitation principles. Two-hour time period
to allow demonstrations of fire keeping and safety, and a Q&A period.

The first one is supposed to be in Aethelmeark, the second in my camp, but
apparently that fact, and the fact that there are two teachers wwas too
comp-plicated for some people to handle.

Cooking Over a Campfire 201THL Elaine LaddThis class will be more
comprehensive than 101, building on the principles established there. We
will be cooking over various forms of fire using some pots and cookware
provided. This class is practical and the fruits of our learning will be
shared around. Minors welcome with a participating adult. If interested, we
can show a limited number of people how to do certain things in their own
cookware after the class. After-class limited to 6 participants.

Anyway, Elaine and I are both teaching, and the second will be basicly a
practicum, actually cooking a  meal using various techniques. Much like
what we had been doing, but a bit more formal.