[Sca-cooks] Sundays in Lent

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jul 11 14:10:25 PDT 2013

During the Middle Ages, the Western Church followed the Roman practice of
observing forty weekdays of fasting (one meal a day general taken after
sundown, although this was not a hard and fast rule) broken by Sundays.
Even on Sundays meat and milk products were prohibited.  So the coronation
meals likely represent normal Sunday fare with dispensation for the meat

Bear