[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Anyone?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 14 18:24:10 PDT 2013

Weeellllll... I was NOT planning to go to Pennsic this year, saving up for Bali next year, but, on the very last day to register, i registered for Pennsic.

Since it was unplanned, i will not be teaching this year. Since i'll be in Bali in 2014, i'll have to wait until 2015 to teach more classes - although i could possibly do a lecture class on period Ottoman palace cuisine, since i have all the info in my laptop...

Looking at weather.com, it appears the temperatures this year during the day are about 10 degrees F. lower than last year, and i think they're lower than the year before as well, although perhaps not by as much. Night temps look surprisingly low, but very typical for the SF Bay Area, so that should be comfortable for me. As long as it doesn't rain every day, like it did my first Pennsic in 2007.

In case anyone wants to find me, i will be camping with The West, because there's a real shower! and it is convenient - at the top of Cardiac Hill - so an easy walk to food courts, merchants and Pennsic U - where i spend most of my days taking classes.

I'm still working on garb (is it ever done?), but i've got my van organized and nearly all packed already (still have to put in clothing, toiletries, and travel food). Plan to leave the evening of the 17th and arrive around noon on the 20th.

Urtatim (that's oor-tah-TEEM!)