[Sca-cooks] Pantry Raid

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 04:31:15 PST 2013

I ate bear in the north of Sweden and in Finland. We had the heart (really
good, made in a sautée of scallions and chantarelles, eaten with
lingonberries) and some steak. The people who did it told us how they did
it, they marinated it for two days in beer, juniper, honey and vineger to
tenderize it.
When it was tender enough it was done as deer meat or any other game, steak
or in casseroles, accompanied by chantarelles, potatis and carrots.
ana

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Depends on the cut. (Tongue is mentioned in some recipes.)
>
> Medievalcookery.com has a few and varied recipes.
>
> http://www.medievalcookery.com/search/search.html?term=Bear&file=all
>
> I've always heard that frozen cuts of bear meat are best stewed.
>
> Johnna
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Mar 7, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Glenn Gorsuch <ggorsuch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now, one thing that IS specifically for the Symposium.  There is a
> potluck
> > Friday night, again.  I was just given about 5 pounds of bear (NOT
> > Bear)...anyone have any brilliant ideas?

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci