[Sca-cooks] Cucumbers, was: Ethnic market epiphanies

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Mar 8 09:23:27 PST 2013

Start out with this article and then check the footnotes:

"Occidental diffusion of cucumber (Cucumis sativus) 500–1300 CE: two routes to Europe" by Paris, Daunay, and Janick.

http://aob.oxfordjournals.org/content/109/1/117.full

There's a full description if you scroll down for varieties grown in the east.

Johnnae