[Sca-cooks] Irish food

Chef Christy chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Fri Mar 15 08:22:22 PDT 2013

We made foods for an Irish Breakfast in cooking class yesterday.  Irish Soda
Bread with Currants (one regular and one gluten-free), Colcannon, Sauteed
Mushroom Caps in Butter, Fried Eggs, and Breakfast Tea with Milk.  We talked
a lot about Black Pudding and the kids kept trying to find someone to agree
to a blood sacrifice so we could try it out, but we got no takers ;)
If I had realized it was Pi Day yesterday we might have made pie instead,
but the breakfast foods were a big hit so a good time was had by all.
Christianna

In honor of St. Pat's, anyone want to talk about period Irish food?
Or modern food you plan to make for the day?

Ranvaig