[Sca-cooks] Culinary Historians on Linkedin

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Mar 16 15:54:14 PDT 2013

I believe there's some crossover between this list and the Association for
the Study of Food and Society, but for anyone who's not aware of it, the
ASFS  maintains a Facebook page with similar parameters:

_https://www.facebook.com/groups/9531416060/_
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/9531416060/)

If  you're really hard-core, you can always join the society, which
entitles you to  sign up for their mailing list, possibly more specialized, though
it may also be  more about the group's business than food history per se.

Speaking of crossover, anyone whose interest in our period extends to the
medical might want to know about Monica Green's list on medieval  medicine:

"To post to the list, send messages to _MEDMED-L at ASU.EDU_
(mailto:MEDMED-L at ASU.EDU)  To manage your subscriber  account, access the Archives, or to
unsubscribe, go to _http://lists.asu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=MEDMED-L_
(http://lists.asu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=MEDMED-L) "

It's a  very focused list (not much off-topic chat) and many of the members
are expert  in some pretty arcane corners of the subject, but given how
much food and  medicine intertwined (intertwone?) in our era, it might be just
what some  subscribers here are looking for. And you can always browse the
archives for an  idea of the list's general approach.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 3/16/2013 3:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,