[Sca-cooks] Great Knife Score

aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 23:11:50 PDT 2013

On 3/18/2013 3:28 PM, Glenn Gorsuch wrote:
> Also, I think in the edition of Brears' Cooking, there's a section of a
> woodcut he shows where a kitchen-person was using two cleavers to rapidly
> take the part of a Cuisinart...

I have done that, it takes great wrists, and a hard core heavy chopping
board - I was using a friends butchers block - a 3 foot by 3 foot by 3
foot hunk of laminated oak on legs.  What is great is chopping the meat
up for steak tartare, and the texture difference from using meat run
through a grinder is interesting.

Phlip and I are in the market for a large mortar and pestle, something
in the half gallon or 1 gallon range. I want to try the roman pounded
garlic and herb cheese, and pounded meat filling for maultaschen [meat
spinach and cheese]