[Sca-cooks] Great Knife Score

Glenn Gorsuch ggorsuch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:28:51 PDT 2013

In a feast we held in January, a cleaver was used to chop up a whole mess
of beef into a size that was a touch chunkier than ground, but not so large
as a fine fajita (hope that makes it clear).  In any case, the weight
really helped.

Also, I think in the edition of Brears' Cooking, there's a section of a
woodcut he shows where a kitchen-person was using two cleavers to rapidly
take the part of a Cuisinart...

I've also used an old junk-store found cleaver (in sad shape, never fear)
as a hatchet for splitting small firewood.

Gwyn