[Sca-cooks] Grenade syrup or molasses

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 19:58:07 PDT 2013

Haha my bad!! :) But in English the non alcoholic drink to use with
cocktails is called Grenadine that's because I believed it was indifferent
if I searched for grenade or for pommegrenade.
Thanks a bunch for the recipe!
Ana

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM, Robin Carroll-Mann <rcarrollmann at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Part of your problem in searching for information may be that you're not
> using the right word.  In English, that fruit is called pomegranate.  (In
> English, grenade is the word for a hand-thrown explosive device.  It comes
> from the French word for pomegranate.)
>
> I've never made pomegranate syrup or molasses (molasses is thicker), but
> here's a recipe from Alton Brown:
>
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pomegranate-syrup-or-molasses-recipe/index.html
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain

http://writings-escrituras.tumblr.com/
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/gender-issues/
http://www.scoop.it/t/literary-exiles/
http://www.scoop.it/t/museums-and-ethics/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0
http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci