[Sca-cooks] Grenade syrup or molasses

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Mar 27 20:54:30 PDT 2013

Grenade is French for pomegranate.  Grenadine was originally pomegranate
juice, sugar and water.  These days commercial grenadine is often a mix of
high fructose corn syrup, water, preservatives, dyes and artificle flavors.
Molasses is a byproduct of sugar refining and really isn't useful in
producing grenadine.  I would suggest making a thin simple syrup to which
you add pomegranate juise to taste then reduce it slowly to the desired
consistency.

Bear