[Sca-cooks] Cheese making

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 24 18:53:28 PDT 2013

It's Cheese Week isn't it?   Cheese classes today at Collegium Caidis,
more next weekend at the West Coast Culinary Symposium.  I guess that's
springtime for you.

The other thing you need is Good Milk.  Raw is best, if you can get it.
Pasteurized will work for soft cheese like mozzarella. Do not even try
to use "Ultra Pasteurized", the proteins are so broken down by the
hotter, longer process that they can't form curds effectively.  Been
there, tried to do that.

One of my heraldry clients yesterday said that her mother will be
breeding her mare next year and there will be mare's milk for koumiss
experiments.  More when I know more.

Also:  kudos for the Pratchettry.

Cheers,
Selene