[Sca-cooks] Scrambled eggs

Stephanie Ross the.red.ross at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 06:45:56 PDT 2013

Stefan wrote:

> I like these ideas of adding a medieval  spice mix to even modern food
> items. I'll have to consider it. What  medieval spice mix would folks
> recommend for scrambled eggs?

I don't know how medieval it is as a mixture, but I really like Herbes de
Provence in my scrambled eggs, with a little grated sharp cheddar cheese.
The lavender gives the mix a unique flavor that I like in the eggs.  I
know, technically it's herbs and not spices. There aren't too many spices I
would like in my eggs, actually. Pepper and maybe ginger or Grains of
Paradise, but that's about it. In my kingdom, one of our best cooks poached
eggs in cream over a fire and served it with sea salt, thyme and a
grain-filled bread. It was truly fantastic, and such a shame that the A&S
judges thought it "too simple". I ate it greedily and think about it often.
The thyme really made the dish. If I get to go to Gulf Wars next year, it
will be a staple for breakfast.

AEschwynne
--
Et si omnes ego non.