[Sca-cooks] Oklahoma storm

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue May 21 19:44:48 PDT 2013

We are still in the process of moving to New Mexico, but there are some tax
and insurance issues that will keep us domiciled in Oklahoma for the next
year and a half.  We sold our house in Norman less than a month ago and
moved into a house I inherited in North Moore.  From what I have seen, the
toronado passed about 2 to 3 miles south of my house, unlike 1999 and 2003
when they passed three blocks north and two blocks south respectively.  At
this point, there isn't much we can do, with a toronado a house is either
gone, damaged, or intact, so we're going to continue our vacation and handle
any problems after we get home.  That decision may change after a friend of
ours surveys the property.

We were safely at ICG in Denver when all the bad weather hit.

We're looking forward to some more travelling as we close out our lives in
Oklahoma, so we may get out your way again in a year or two.

Bear