[Sca-cooks] hair cloth

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Nov 4 22:30:35 PST 2013

There are two possibilities that come to mind.  A band of thin wood shaped
in a circle with a finer weave of horse hair than you commonly find today or
a strainer made by a single needle weave or nalbinding, which looks
something like a heavy knit cap..  Given the date and location, it's
probably the former.  Modernly, a metal mesh strainer will produce similar
results.

Bear