[Sca-cooks] Why a feastocrat might get picked over other

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Tue Nov 12 03:57:45 PST 2013

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:29:38 +1300
From: Antonia di Benedetto Calvo <dama.antonia at gmail.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Why a feastocrat might get picked over other
	headcooks

On 12/11/2013 4:25 p.m., Stefan li Rous wrote:

> How do other groups select who will be cooking the feast and the menu?

The event steward asks someone to cook.  This is repeated until someone says
'yes'.

The steward may make some modest requests of the cook (such as "I'd really
like to have something Elizabethan" or "can we have white
pies?")-- otherwise, the cook sets the menu.

Antonia
That's pretty much how we do it, although some stewards I've worked with
want to have rather more input into the menu than that.

Angharad