[Sca-cooks] Why a feastocrat might get picked over otherheadcooks

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Nov 11 20:00:59 PST 2013

> On 12/11/2013 4:25 p.m., Stefan li Rous wrote:
>>
>> How do other groups select who will be cooking the feast and the menu?
>>

> The event steward asks someone to cook.  This is repeated until someone
> says 'yes'.
>
> The steward may make some modest requests of the cook (such as "I'd really
> like to have something Elizabethan" or "can we have white pies?")--
> otherwise, the cook sets the menu.
>
> Antonia

In my case, I have volunteered by submitting a feast proposal, been
recruited by event stewards, been recruited by the B&B and dropped on the
event steward, and been recruited to handle the baking by other head cooks.
In the case of the First Ansteorran-Calontir Interkingdom Peace, Erlich du
Battenhelm and I created a feast, then recruited an event.  I've also been
shanghaied from the floor of an event to try to help save the feast.

When being recruited, to better serve my patrons, my first question is,
"What is the theme, period and location of the event?"  Then I create the
menu to fit the requirements and the site.

Bear