[Sca-cooks] Local Feast Disappointment

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Nov 11 08:29:35 PST 2013

On 11/11/2013 6:55 AM, Daniel Myers wrote:
> I forgot to mention the chocolate cream pie for dessert.
>
> It wouldn't have bugged me so much - the steak and potatoes - if there
> had been even the vaguest attempt at research and a hand-waive and a
> wink, but the "feast-o-crat" (and I use that term here because it fits
> and was what they chose to call themselves) had stated well in advance
> of the event that he didn't care at all about medieval food.
>
> Why then did he insist on cooking the feast when there were several
> others within the local area who were interested in cooking the feast
> and wanted to do something medieval?
>
> - Doc

One I've heard- "I don't want to do medieval food. I want to do good
food." (Then add discussion of how medieval food is gross, modern
palates don't 'get' it, etc etc etc...)

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: