[Sca-cooks] Use of FB for scholarly discussions and problems with FB g...

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Nov 11 11:56:13 PST 2013

Most, yes. But I believe the Smithsonian's PDF approach is intended for the
 latter.

This said, I don't know that social networking sites were ever  intended
for this use. But then neither was email. I don't know that it's any  harder
to save a thread from Facebook and add a date to the file name than it is  to
save an email thread. Either would require some editing to be of scholarly
use. (My one and only academic paper began as an effort to combine posts to
 an email thread into something coherent.)

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com

Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
leslefts.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/11/2013 11:40:02 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,