[Sca-cooks] Cockentryce

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Nov 26 08:32:14 PST 2013

I tend to think in terms of sweet subtleties and not meats so much but
I always thought that a helmeted cock might be easier.
Do the bird and pig in separate ovens, combine and decorate. Do them ahead.
Keep cold.

There's this one
http://www.godecookery.com/helmeted/helmeted.htm

http://www.godecookery.com/helmeted/coqart.htm   shows the illustration from Flandrin's book.

Olwen back in 2003 described one that she did as opposed to the ones above--

This one is a little ..um.. weird.  I helped on one that was really really
nice.  The chicken didn't have it's head or feet.  A helm was made instead.
And the pig was wired into a galloping position and propped so it looked
like it was really running instead of just squashed under an odd chicken
like this one.
Olwen

Johnnae