[Sca-cooks] Medieval thinking

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed Nov 27 19:54:52 PST 2013

While I tend to agree, bear in mind that Scully has analyzed the surviving
manuscripts of the Viandier to show the way each recipe is balanced in
terms of  humoral theory and makes a good case for it's being applied there at
least.

Charles the Bold also had doctors watching what he ate and advising him on
what was suitable:

_http://books.google.com/books?id=Wyl18JkcNkYC&dq=editions%3Atj4LMBFqkOEC&pg
=RA2-PT207#v=onepage&q&f=false_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=Wyl18JkcNkYC&dq=editions:tj4LMBFqkOEC&pg=RA2-PT207#v=onepage&q&f=false)

But certainly  one had to have tremendous means to apply the period's
medical  theories.

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com

Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
leslefts.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/27/2013 7:36:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,