[Sca-cooks] period recipe for hartshorn

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 4 17:56:38 PDT 2013

Alys K. asked:
<<< That's what I found, too, on Wikipedia. However, I wonder if that was
done in period. There was a query on a Twitter account (@tudorcook) that
I follow where someone asked how hartshorn was prepared for use. >>>

Here is the period recipe I have for making hartshorn. From the Florilegium leavning-msg file.
leavening-msg (36K) 3/20/08 Period leavening agents other than yeast.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/leavening-msg.html

Stefan