[Sca-cooks] serving rice

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 17:25:35 PDT 2013

Oh absolutely. And I didn't mean to imply that your post was irrelevant.
Just that those following the larger issue (what was done in the  Orient)
should bear the difference in mind; too often it seems to me people  refer to
'medieval' as if it was all of piece, when the specific centuries  matter a
great deal. Especially in this case, where the relationship of Western
practice to Mid-eastern models would have become more tenuous over the  centuries.

It also seems that _www.medievalcookery.com_
(http://www.medievalcookery.com) , as useful as  it might be, did not in this case have the earlier
references, which is  something to bear in mind depending on exactly why one is
using it.

Early, mid and late medieval, and even early Renaissance, may all be
acceptable for SCA purposes, but in discussing history per se it's important to
realize each was different.

Jim  Chevallier

Comparing early and late medieval food in France
_http://www.chezjim.com/food/pre-v/comparisons.html

In a message dated 10/23/2013 5:10:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,