[Sca-cooks] A high table question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Oct 6 08:52:23 PDT 2013

Last time I checked this was what I found

The October 2007 Kingdom Exchequer Handbook
http://www.sca.org/docs/finpolicies/KingdomExchequerHandbook.pdf
doesn't really say. I searched under feasts and head table.
Page 39 does have this statement:

2. We may not accept donations of alcohol (CP, VIII).

(I am left wondering if we are getting more stringent on alcohol.)
------------

The Local Exchequer Handbook April 2006
http://www.sca.org/docs/finpolicies/LocalExchequerHandbook.pdf
states what Gretchen mentions below but more importantly on page 32 it
states:

" B. Money may not be spent on events closed to the general populace and
without a specific
administrative agenda (SFP IX.E).
This includes Royalty Dinners, Peer Parties, or similar events. Special
expensive dishes presented at a feast intended
for the consumption of only a few people is allowed, although strongly
discouraged."

Did the same search through the Seneschal's Handbook
http://www.sca.org/docs/SocSenHandbook-200510.pdf
and didn't find anything there.

Has it changed since 2007?

Johnnae