[Sca-cooks] (OP) Interesting spread of sandwiches

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Thu Oct 31 02:58:13 PDT 2013

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:57:06 -0500
From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
To: SCA-Cooks maillist SCA-Cooks <SCA-Cooks at Ansteorra.org>
Subject: [Sca-cooks] (OP) Interesting spread of sandwiches

Billed as "50 States, 50 Sandwiches" by the Zagat Staff, it is interesting.
I'm not sure if I could have come up with 50 different sandwiches off the
top of my head. However, in some cases I think they stretched things to get
a unique sandwich for each state. And their research seems lacking in some
places, such as the cuban sandwich.

http://www.zagat.com/b/50-states-50-sandwiches?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium
=cpc&utm_campaign=desktoptopperformers

Any comments about the sandwich for your state, or where you grew up?

I'm still perplexed why sandwiches weren't a medieval fare. Hamburgers, yes.
Chopping that meat by hand???? Bah! But with such possible variety of other
things to put between bread slices?

Stefan
This is making me hungry. It is dinner time, though.
--------

Chopping meat finely enough to be what I would call 'mincemeat' and you
'hamburger' was certainly done. There are several mediaeval meatball or
meatball like recipes and at least one I've come across that resembles a
hamburger patty. They just didn't put them in bread with cheese and pickles.

Angharad