[Sca-cooks] What period foods were/weren't recommended for pregnancy?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Sep 2 15:37:59 PDT 2013

Aldebrandino of Siena has a chapter on this, in which he recommends
chickens, red wings, other small birds, easily cooked foods, eaten in small
quantities and often, drinking good wine with a little water. To ease their
appetite, pears, pomegranates, sour apples, as well as potions including ginger,
 mastic, zedouary, cinnamon, nutmeg, long pepper, sugar; another with
linseed,  violets, barley, camomile and other ingredients.

Le Régime du corps, de maître Aldebrandin de Sienne
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k6458299v/f160.image.r=femme%20ensainte
.langEN

More in the text for anyone who wants to hunt down the more corrupt