[Sca-cooks] MidWinter Feast

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Sep 12 04:52:17 PDT 2013

Perhaps it's just a librarians' question--- But do they have a copy at hand?

How many people actually own copies of Soup for the Qan? First edition or second revised 2010 edition?
Or who has access to Brill Online which offers

A Soup for the Qan: Chinese Dietary Medicine of the Mongol Era As Seen in Hu Sihui's Yinshan Zhengyao Introduction, Translation, Commentary, and Chinese Text. Second Revised and Expanded Edition Authors: P. D Buell; E. N. Anderson.

It's available through Brill's Collections:  Asian Studies E-Books Online. Look for it through major university collections. For what Brill publishes see http://www.brill.nl/

One source we didn't mention earlier was
http://penn.museum/documents/publications/expedition/PDFs/52-3/what%20in%20the%20world.pdf

As Huette mentioned back in 2011 "This was written by E.N. Anderson who also co-wrote Soup for the Qan.  He knows his stuff."

also see http://www.penn.museum/silkroad/home.php

Johnnae

On Sep 11, 2013, at 10:26 PM, Jim and Andi Houston wrote: snipped