[Sca-cooks] Murri Question

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Sep 30 20:40:27 PDT 2013

It is not commercially available. One solution is to use a period recipe
for fake murri which can be found in the Miscellany, webbed as a pdf on
my site. Another is to use soy sauce which Charles Perry, the only
person I know of who has actually made murri, says tastes reasonably
similar.

On 9/30/13 4:04 PM, Linda Larson wrote:
> I am planning an Andalusian meal and would like to make a dish that calls for Murri (or Almori?).  Is this commercially available?  In researching the ingredients, it sounds similar to Worcestershire sauce.  Would that be an acceptable substitute, or should I try fish sauce if I don't find the real thing?  I would be grateful for any assistance.
>

> Lidia Allen

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/