[Sca-cooks] A Dishe of Artichokes Question

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Tue Sep 24 11:40:27 PDT 2013

[...]

> So how does one seeth a dozen artichoke bases in 2 tablespoons of water?**

Howdy,

Since that's my website and recipe, let's see if I can make things
clearer.

In short, you don't.  The artichoke bottoms are already cooked, as noted
in the ingredients list.  I probably should revisit this recipe (it's
been almost ten years since I posted it) to give a more detailed method.

It can be difficult to find a balance between authenticity and
accessibility, and I suppose I erred on the side of keeping things
simple.  This is also why I omitted the marrow, which can be difficult
to find and can turn off those who are new to medieval cuisine (a
majority of the people using my website).

Of course you are welcome (and encouraged) to come up with your own
interpretation of the recipe.  After all, that's one of the reasons I
include the original source.

- Doc