[Sca-cooks] Questions about cookbooks for "novice/intermediate" cooks

Mandy McCleary missauria at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:41:25 PDT 2013

Greetings!

I've been cooking "ethnic" feasts for several years, but am now starting to
cook more period recipes.  Bear once told me "If you can cook middle
eastern, you can cook period" As I read through the Florilegium, and
through posts on here, I see several period authors cited, but I don't know
what the titles of the books are or if they are in print.

This leads me to a list of questions.  If someone was going to buy "period"
cookbooks, what would you recommend they buy?   What out of print books
would you recommend they keep an eye out for?  What period cookbooks are
available online?

Auria of Golias
Outlands