[Sca-cooks] Mastic berries and foliage

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Tue Sep 17 16:28:40 PDT 2013

OK folks, it's long shot time again!

I've been reading through a number Roman era farm manuals for olive cures, and have found that one of the standard ingredients in typical olive cures is foliage and berries from the mastic shrub (Pistacia lentiscus). I've done a bit of research and found that this shrub is occasionally grown as an ornamental in the American Southwest. So I was wondering whether any folks from that part of the Knowne World might (1) have access to such plants, and (2) be willing to sell/trade with me for some of the stuff.

-- Galefridus