[Sca-cooks] Follow-up on mastic foliage

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Tue Sep 24 10:23:20 PDT 2013

Not having heard much in response to my postings in various places, I am
starting to think about alternatives to mastic foliage. Mastic is
Pistacia lentiscus, the same genus as the pistachio nut, Pistacia vera.
I'd be interested in hearing what the hive mind has to say about whether
pistachio foliage would be a viable substitute. Many Roman olive cures
call for mastic foliage as part of the curing mix.

The seasons are moving right along, and it's time for me to start in on
this year's round of olive cures!

-- Galefridus