No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

which got taken home by someone - i wish i'd gotten a little, it was quite =
tasty. There was no Apple Moyes left - or if there was someone took it away=
. There remained less than one Root Turte out of ten which i took home - a =
few slices from several different pies. And I got about 3 servings of Salla=
t.

As usual the most leftovers were from the Third Course. There wasn't any Sp=
inach left, but then there wasn't that much to begin with. All the leftover=
 Char de Wardons got taken home by me and one of my helpers - several folks=
 commented on how they liked the "pear baby food" - it got a little more pu=
reed than i would have liked, but tasted really good. There was a generous =
amount of Roast Pork - usually there isn't any at all, but i had more than =
last year, and there was the pork brawn in the Second Course. It sure isn't=
 a problem, as i love pork and have stuck it in the freezer to savor over t=
he next couple months. And most of it was eaten. I also brought home pan of=
 Tongue in Apple-Raisin Sauce - i've got it in the fridge in two gallon zip=
-shut plastic bags and will portion it into smaller bags and freeze it. The=
 only dish i threw a lot of away was the Herbed Lentils.

Again, i made too much sauce, although far less than last year. I still hav=
e about half the Horseradish Sauce with white wine and almonds - it is VERY=
 good, i just made too much - i made 6 cups worth. There was too much Swall=
enberg sauce, so i brought home at least a pint, but had to throw a bunch a=
way. It's mostly honey, red wine, garlic, and some seasonings. I thought it=
 was excellent with the pork and i especially like mixing it with the horse=
radish sauce.

Being unable to find any Seville Oranges (there will be some in the market,=
 but probably not until January), i made the Bitter Orange Sauce out of a p=
int of Seville Orange Marmelade and maybe 6 cups of water, seasoned with ci=
nnamon, rosewater, and a pinch of salt. There was maybe half of it left, bu=
t i was in the kitchen after the Feast when some diner came in, poured it a=
ll into one of those ubiquitous plastic water bottles and took it away. We =
didn't make the Sauce for Venison or Boar (with cherry syrup, raisins, whit=
e wine, and spices, thickened with Lebkuchen), but i have the ingredients a=
nd plan to make some for myself to eat with the leftover pork.

I'm HTML-ing the recipes - actually just about done - and will load them on=
to my website today or tomorrow, in case anyone's interested in them.

I was also shocked to get an award during the Feast - a Mists Principality =
service award, the Corolla Aulica! Apparently our Prince got a bunch of e-m=
ails recommending me. I guess i have some fans out there...

And Conor, the Bard of the Mists, asked me to make the feast for him next S=
eptember at the Mists Bardic, when the new Bard is chosen. I was honored th=
at he asked me and i was especially thrilled that he asked me to make a Nea=
r Eastern feast. He requested several of the dishes that i made for the Pri=
ncipality Investiture as Iron Chef Persian (the Bustaniyya (chicken and lam=
b with pears, peaches, and almonds) and the saffron rice). Of course, i won=
't repeat the feast exactly - there are plenty of wonderful recipes from th=
e 10th through the 14th centuries to try out. And there are usually only ar=
ound 50 diners, so it'll be less work than the Boar Hunt or Investiture.

Anahita