No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

xxxviij. Storion in brothe.--Take fayre Freysshe Storgeoun, an choppe it in fayre water; (th)anne take it fro (th)e
fyre, an strayne (th)e brothe (th)orw a straynoure in-to a potte, an pyke clene (th)e Fysshe, an caste (th)er to powder
Pepir, Clowes, Maces, Canel; & (th)anne take fayre Brede, and stepe it in (th)e same lycowre, & caste (th)er-to, an let
boyle to-gederys, & caste (th)en Safroun (th)er-to, Gyngere, an Salt, & Vynegre, & (th)anne serue it forth ynne.(Note:
i.e. into the dining-room. ).

Now, not knowing much about fishies except that I like to eat the less fishy tasting ones I thought this might be a way
to sneak fish into my upcoming sideboardy-thingie. Much to my suprise I discover that Sturgeon is realllllllly
expensive. So, my question, is if there is a fish that I could readily aquire for less money that would be an acceptable
substitution?

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva