[Sca-cooks] Free redactions of Roman recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 4 14:52:22 PDT 2014

Chimene gave us a quick view of cheap publication of some of Apicius' recipes.

Thanks, Chimene. If anyone wants to review this publication further and give us an idea of how accurate the translations and/or redactions are, I would appreciate it.

We've reviewed and discussed various Apicius translations in the past. Each seems to have its pro and cons. I have been saving this commentary in this Florilegium file and am always interested in more. I will add these two messages to this file:
cb-rv-Apicius-msg (66K) 12/ 1/06 Reviews of cookbooks having Apicius recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cb-rv-Apicius-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com