[Sca-cooks] Free redactions of Roman recipes

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sat Apr 5 09:50:12 PDT 2014

He must have had access since the Latin is verbatim.
Also the dates work almost perfectly. Although the printed was much later than the when he was writing De Honesta.
Not only did he have access to the Vatican Library he was the first Librarian!
As I said in the article it was beyond the scope of the paper but I intend to do more research and write up the findings (after I finish graduate school!).
It would also be interesting to look through the last five books (Martino's recipes) and review the additional material for Ancient Roman references.
Eduardo

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net