[Sca-cooks] Raw bacon thing?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 13:24:45 PDT 2014

"As for  raw bacon which as I hear the Franks are wont to eat, I am
surprised they find  such a medicine sufficient, and that those who eat it so, raw,
need no other  medicine, because its benefit is great and as an antidote
gives them better  health, benefiting all internal organs like good medicine
and any vices in the  bowels or the intestines are healed by it and if there
are any intestinal worms  or ringworms moving, it expels them. For it
tempers the belly, and what is  better, by this food they are healthier than
others. For this is a great example  that is told, if one is to believe what is
said, that [for] all  wounds, made outside or inside the body or from a blow,
raw bacon laid  constantly along it purges the stench of the wound and
heals it, and so can  benefit the internal organs, as said above. Here then is
the benefit of raw  bacon, and as doctors try to heal with medicines or
potions or cure with  plasters, the Franks heal with raw bacon."

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

Beyond the peacocks:  what most Medieval eaters actually ate
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-peacocks-what-most-medieval.html

In a message dated 4/7/2014 1:11:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,