[Sca-cooks] [OT] OCR programs for the Mac?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 06:52:21 PDT 2014

I used this one in a trial version, too pricy to buy :(

http://finereader.abbyy.com/lp2/pro_for_mac

Ana

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jim Chevallier commented:
> <<< (If you find a free OCR tool or already have one, you translate the
> version
> I pointed into modifiable text, then do global change on a copy as you
> discover  the meanings of common words or phrases.) >>>
>
> Does anyone know of any shareware or moderately priced OCR tools that will
> run on a Mac? I've got a number of documents that I've been given over the
> years that would be nice additions to the Florilegium, and I think would be
> of interest. However, I don't have the time to sit down and retype them in.
> These are modern English with modern fonts, no unusual medieval fonts.
>
> Thanks,
>    Stefan
> --------
>    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com

http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci