[Sca-cooks] allergies

Chef Christy chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Wed Apr 16 19:33:31 PDT 2014

I think you are talking about the use of the term "allergies" rather than
their actual existence.  I imagine that they were often treated as an
imbalance of Phlegm in Humoral terms.
As far as food allergies, whether they named them or not, they have found
evidence of a young woman from Imperial Rome that shows signs of Celiac
Disease.
Christianna