[Sca-cooks] Any references to peaches being used in period brewing?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 14:01:28 PDT 2014

For anyone who's interested in cider and fruit drink history in France,
that's one of the subjects covered in my blog post this week:

Beyond wine, water and beer: what else they drank in Medieval France
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-wine-water-and-beer-what-else.ht
ml

Whether the peach was common or not is relative. It's mentioned in texts
from the start of the Middle Ages, but not frequently. Yet, as Ruas points
out,  for some reason one finds peach remains fairly regularly in digs.

Otherwise, Aldebrandino advises the juice of peach leaves against worms,
but says nothing about making drink from the fruit itself.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

Stumbling through  history towards beer
http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/stumbling-through-history-towards-beer.
html

In a message dated 4/21/2014 8:50:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,