[Sca-cooks] Cut-Off Date for Cookery Books?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Feb 1 05:27:11 PST 2014

It's a fair bet that if the term "period" is mentioned on this list, that the writer
and comments are talking about "period" as it is defined in the Society for
Creative Anachronism.

http://www.sca.org/

[PDF]
A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO THE SCA - Society for Creative ...

www.sca.org/officers/chatelain/pdf/MarketingFlyer-2side.pdf

http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/glossary.htm

When we use the word "period", it stretches from roughly 600-1600.
Period -- The historical era used by the SCA as a base for its activities. The SCA period is generally considered 600 AD. to 1600 AD. (The 'starting date' is very open to interpretation, but the ending date is defined in Corpora ...)

Johnnae