[Sca-cooks] sour apple sauce

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 18:56:32 PST 2014

Ranvaig commented:
<<< Apples are a very common ingredient in Rumpolt.
An apple sauce described as sour, has vinegar
added. >>>

I don't think I've ever had a "sour" apple sauce. I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not. What is the recipe/redaction?  I wonder how much difference it makes on the variety of apple used? Was it supposed to be served warm or cold? Again, I think all the apple sauce I've had was cold or room temperature, I can see where warm or hot apple sauce might work.

<<<  The only reference to sour apples "saur
Epffel" is in the winemaking section. >>>

Was this making wine (cider) from the apples? Or flavoring wine with the apples?

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com