[Sca-cooks] Feasts and liability

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 07:28:34 PST 2014

The fact sheet with the quote on feasts can be found at

http://www.sca.org/BOD/announcements/ChirurgeonateFAQupdate.pdf

sent earlier  snipped

What about other areas of risk and liability – like fighting and archery and feasts?

Different standards apply to different types of activities. The laws that apply to voluntary participation in a martial art are different than those that apply to those receiving or giving first aid and limit our liability exposure in those activities (such as in our martial activities) in comparison to the provision of first aid. Similarly, laws that apply to nonprofit cooking for infrequent events vary markedly from the licensing and liability context for “professional” for-profit food preparation organizations, and are very different than the liability exposure from providing Chirurgeonate services — and unlike exposure from Chirurgeonate services, our food preparation liability is sufficiently covered through our current liability coverages.

Johnnae