[Sca-cooks] Some very modern-sounding warnings about some very old food

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 11 00:56:27 PST 2014

On 2/10/2014 11:03 PM, JIMCHEVAL at aol.com wrote:
> Exactly what she says. From a modern nutritional point of view, which is
> the focus of her entire paper. But nowhere does she imply that people of the
> time were aware of these things; in fact it seems pretty clear in many
> cases  that they did not.

Why then did you title it "Some very modern-sounding warnings about some
very old food" They aren't 'modern-sounding'. They're modern. Nothing
'sounding' about it.

> I'm not writing an academic paper. Typically I link to my sources, but not
> always. Still, if anyone wants to know a specific source for a text I use,
> they're welcome to ask.

How nice. Jim, when you post in this community, you need to follow the
conventions of the community. Not just what suits you. It has long been
the practice that when you first bring up a source, or bring one up
after a time, especially if you are leading out a post with it, you
offer the citation. Without being asked. This is just as important with
secondary sources as with primary ones.

Liutgard
--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at: