[Sca-cooks] Surviving medieval sauces?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Feb 17 07:39:48 PST 2014

On mustard, I had in mind the medieval use. In France, I've mainly seen it
as a condiment. Taillevent does say to eat dish "with mustard" which I take
to  mean the condiment but could arguably refer to a sauce. And the more
corrupt  version of his work includes a sauce for garlic with mustard and a
mustard soup.  But no recipe for a mustard sauce.

But clearly I don't know the German  side at all well. So there might be
one there. The horseradish references sound  interesting.

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com

Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
leslefts.blogspot.com

In a message dated 2/17/2014 7:18:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,